BRISBANE SSI FREEDIVING COURSE - LEVEL 1
The Level 1 Freediving Course is the introduction to the purest form of diving. Learn proper breathing techniques, familiarise yourself with diaphragm breathing and take a deep breath like you never have before.
No matter where you live, freediving is an exhilarating, year-round activity. Whether it’s exploring a beautiful ocean reef, a local lake or river, there is a freediving experience close by. Freediving locations here in South East Queensland are all around you!
The Level 1 Freediving Course provides you with the proper skills and knowledge to freedive depths between 10 and 20 meters in the most relaxed and safest manner possible. You will develop the necessary skills to train your body to be more efficient with oxygen, gain better respiration and muscle flexibility and learn skills to take your freediving to the next level.
YOUR FREEDIVE COURSE
The Freediving Level 1 course is made up of three components: online learning, a pool or confined water session and open water training. After successful completion of the course you will be a certified Freediving Level 1 and licensed to dive with a buddy to a maximum freedive depth of 20 metres anywhere in the world!
ACADEMICS. When you book onto a Freediving Course you will be given access to the SSI Online Training program. You can then learn at your own pace when it is convenient for you. There are four sections to complete in the comfort of your own home and a multiple choice exam which will be conducted at our store.
POOL TRAINING. Day 1 of the course is where you will develop basic relaxation and freediving skills in a controlled confined water environment. Once you are comfortable in the pool, it's time to dive where the real action takes place - the open water.
OPEN WATER SESSION. Day 2 of the course is spent on a boat out in the ocean. During the day you will complete several dives and have the chance to experience everything you learned in the pool hands-on. After successful completion of your open water training dives you will become a certified freediver!
Students are expected to use their own personal equipment; you will find it harder to meet the
performance requirements in hire gear, as it is not specific freediving equipment.
- Freediving wetsuit (two-piece, open cell with integrated hood); 3mm wetsuits would be okay in summer, 5mm are better at other times of year. If you have a surf or dive wetsuit, you should have a hood, or hooded vest as well. Bear in mind what’s warm enough for surfing or scuba diving may not be warm enough for freediving as you’ll spend a lot of time being very still on the surface of the water with a slow heart rate.
- Freediving fins (long bladed) and booties or wetsuit socks.
- A rubber weight belt and around 4 to 6 kgs of weights (a fabric weight belt is suitable but it will move around your waist).
- Low-volume freedive mask, and a snorkel.
- A freedive computer (recommended).
Cost of the Course is $499.00
- Designed for beginners, no experience necessary.
- Internationally recognised certification to freedive anywhere in the world.
- Become qualified to freedive depths of up to 20 metres.
- Online learning at no additional cost to save time in the classroom.
- Pool training conducted in a heated pool.
- Maximum 4:1 student to instructor ratio, in Open Water.
- All participants must complete a Medical Questionnaire. If any of the questions are flagged as "Yes" you may need to gain medical clearance from a doctor prior to participating. Please ensure you complete this Medical Questionnaire before the start of your Freediving Course.
- You must be able to swim 200 metres without stopping. There is no time limit for this and you may use any swimming stroke(s) you want.
- You must be able to float or tread water for 10 minutes, again using any method(s) you want.
- December 4th & 5th
- January 29th & 30th
- February 19th & 20th
- March 5th & 6th